Dates, widely known as Khajoor/Khajur in Hindi, ‘Pericham pazham‘ in Tamil, ‘Eenthapazham‘ in Malayalam, ‘Kharjuramu‘ in Telugu, ‘Khejoor‘ in Bengali, ‘Kharjoora‘ in Kannada, ‘Kharik‘ in Marathi and ‘Khajur‘ in Gujarati. The health benefits of dates are innumerable. Most of the people eat dates as a regular dry fruit which is very beneficial for the body and are a very rich source of vitamins and minerals. Dates contain high iron content and fluorine in it. Consuming dates regularly can help to lower cholesterol and keep many health disorders away. In this article you will get to know about top health benefits of consuming dates.
1. Lowers cholesterol: You will be surprised to know that dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low amount of fat. Including dates in smaller quantities in your daily diet can help you keep a check on cholesterol level and also helps in weight loss.
2. Protein rich: Dates are rich source for proteins that help our body in staying fit and also keep our muscles strong. It is recommended for regular gym goers to eat a couple of dates everyday as part of their daily routine.
3. Rich in vitamins: Dates are rich source of vitamins. If you eat a couple of dates everyday as part of your daily routine then you won’t have to take vitamin supplements. It will not only keep you healthy but you will notice change in your energy levels as well because dates have natural sugars such as sucrose, fructose and glucose and that is why it works really well as a quick snack.
4. Improves bone health: Dates contains manganese, copper, selenium and magnesium. All of these are necessary when it comes to keeping our bones healthy and preventing conditions like osteoporosis.
5. Strengthens the nervous system: Date are rich in potassium and also contains small of sodium which helps in keeping our nervous system in order. Potassium helps in reducing cholesterol and keeps the threat of a stroke in check.
6. Rich in iron: Dates also contains iron which is highly recommended for individuals who suffer from iron deficiency. Dates are also very good for blood purification.
7. Promotes digestion: Soaking few dates in water and chewing them daily helps our digestive system. It is also recommended for individuals who have trouble with constipation.
8. Improves Skin: Dates contains vitamin C and vitamin D which helps to keep our skin smooth. If you are suffering from skin problems then including dates into your daily diet can help you.
9. Fixes Hangovers: While we are exactly sure about this but it is said that dates are an excellent way to control intoxication and also helps in curing hangovers.
10. Assists in weight gain: The vitamins, proteins and sugar in the dry fruit helps in weight gain, particularly when you need it. By the way, it is said that when dates eaten with cucumber, helps to keep our weight at normal level.
Please do share this article and also share your experience and valuable comments.